just watched 'the assassion of jesse james by the coward robert ford'. (sorry Kurtis!)
i loved it, although it was admittedly long, and for people who can't handle movies that progress slowly it will be torture. however, for me, the film was beautiful and oddly affecting. Casey Affleck and Brad Pitt turn in powerful performances as men behind the legend.

5 comments:
I think I might have to go and rent this tonight because of course I love Brad Pitt.
Casey
casey, you really do love brad pitt or are you being silly? kate, i freakin' love you! i swear, i think i laugh every time i read your blog. no one talks like you. no one! ok - see you tonight. -- j
I can attest to the fact that Casey loves Brad Pitt. No joke.
-b
The only complaint I've seen yet is that it's long, but I still want to see it. Oddly enough, although they're worlds apart - the poster for it (the one you posted) reminds me of Colin Farrel (not use to seeing Pitt with the facial hair I guess). It also makes me really want to watch Road to Perdition (that one I have no explanation for).
P.S. Crossover comment: Also own the entire series of BtVS and A, top tier of my DVD collection. The Mrs. has watched them as well, but I'm the crazy of the bunch. I've also been reading Season 8 and 6 of each, respectively. Lastly, I have read the Fray paperback - would make a cool movie. I'll finish by offering the #1 reason I want an end to the writers' strike: Dollhouse
re: crossover comment by Winklepleck
I hadn't heard anything about that new Whedon project...and Tim is going to be involved too?!? (Tim+Joss=genius...'Out of Gas' and 'The Message' tie as my favorite eps of Firefly)
Post a Comment