CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

2.28.2008

the challenge: damn you drake!

Kurtis challenged me to post a list of movies that I am embarrassed to admit that I like. Which, actually partially depends on who you're talking to. Some movies are universally embarrasssing; others are more so based on the tastes of the other person.

But, I'll do my best to come up with a generalized list of universal embarassment. And we all love lists, don't we?


One requirement: if you post a reponse to this (I'm going to resist the urge to defend each movie on the list; the fact that I'm listing them means I acknowledge that they are indefensible), you have to list at least 3 of your own movies in return...


1. Armageddon
2. Con Air
3. The DaVinci Code
4. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
5. Shall We Dance
6. GI Jane
7. The Cutting Edge
8. Steel Magnolias
9. Newsies
10. Daredevil
11. Godzilla
12. I Know What You Did Last Summer
13. The Craft




...there are more, but I've reached my limit of vulnerable honesty...

6 comments:

The Winkleplecks said...

Before I throw in my three cents/movies, I first want to wish 1) I could access Kurtis' blog, so if your reading this Kurtis get to hooking a brother up. And 2) Why doesn't Kurtis challenge me, that wild and crazy kid.

In regards to your list, I'm the same in regards to Daredevil (liked the director's cut, not the theatrical). Now time for the required three that I'm embarrassed to admit that I like:

1. Hairspray
2. Footloose
3. A Night at the Roxbury

If this was a list of 10 there would likely be some more musicals (which being a guy is usually unacceptable) and quite a few 'teen movies' (10 Things I Hate About You, Can't Hardly Wait, etc.) I hope I'm not the only person to comment because I look forward to reading other peoples confessions.

That being said, I call and raise Kurtis' challenge to Kurtis himself! Or any other men for that matter...

The Drakes said...

sorry that i'm going before k - it seems he's the more requested drake, but here goes:

* (i almost put steel magnolias, too, but i'm not too embarrassed about it.)

*shag: the movie - we watched this one at pretty much every sleepover in middle school

*encino man and son-in-law - sorry, it's true and i can't even begin to explain why.

ryan, text 503-269-4447 your e-mail and you'll be official. (i seriously can't wait for ryan comments on our blog - they're pretty much my favorites to read.)

-- j

The Drakes said...

Okay, here we go... I was giving this some serious consideration and I am having a hard time thinking about movies I am embarrassed I like, for some reason its easier with music.

Anyway, I was thinking about movies I am embarrassed that I saw in the theater, so here goes:

1. Coyote Ugly - My friends and I went to go see it in hopes of gratuitous nudity. We were greatly disappointed.
2. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - Yeah, I saw it. Go F yourself!
3. Care Bears The Movie - I was a little kid, BACK OFF ME!

I will think of more later and post again.
KD$

The Winkleplecks said...

J. Drake - Those are Pauly Shore classics! Encino Man was one of my favorite movies growing up (including a little crush I had on Robin in that movie) - but I didn't know I needed to be embarrassed of liking it. Maybe I need to watch it again now and see how it aged... I bet the part where they attack the Panda at six flags is still hilarious! At least the beating of the easter bunny in Mallrats still is.

K. Drake - Your truth regarding Coyote Ugly and Power Rangers is awesome. Speaking of Power Rangers movie, it freakin' had Van Halen's "Dreams" at the end during the fireworks/credits. Also, another childhood crush - the pink ranger actress.

Okay, enough about childhood movie crushes and my worthless factoids (for now).

The Drakes said...

i freakin' love the panda attack! it's so random and hilarious! nice recall ryan. -- j

Sam, Shannon and Fam said...

Too bad I like most of the movies on your list... I think my list would be much more embarrasing than yours! Shannon