so, not only did I miss watching the Oscars, but out of the winners, the only films I had seen were Juno, Once, Bourne Ultimatum, Lars & the Real Girl, Elizabeth: The Golden Age, and Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. I am laaame!
...
I'm not surprised that Juno didn't win for best picture/director/actress/etc. In fact, I'm kind of glad - it was a well-written, well-acted vehicle, and I loved it, but it just wasn't very...Oscar-y.
- I have heard that No Country is spectacular, but I was sick when Mitch went to go see it with a buddy. damn you, stomach flu!
- Michael Clayton might be good, but it LOOKS like a snooooooze-fest, due wholly to the fact that it has the worst trailer ever. Cue generic drama music, Mr Movie voice quoting critic after critic about George Clooney's swoon-worthy performance, undercut by serious shots of George Clooney, a pale and androgynous Tilda Swinton, aaaaand done. Not a single line of dialogue or miniscule hint of what the hell the film is even about! terrible trailer.
- I really want to see There Will Be Blood - Paul Thomas Anderson is generally a great director. I've heard that it's slow, but I don't think that slow always = bad. PTA has the wisdom and patience to allow the story and characters build within a natural rhythm. I'll probably go see it in the next week or so.
- Atonement is one of those movies that tortures me, because it's a type of film I LOVE, but that I never get to see in theatres. (I can drag Mitch to a movie like Juno, but Atonement...not so much). So, if you want to see Atonement, for the love of God, e-mail me! otherwise, I'll have to wait for rental. which is a bummer, because I lack patience regarding the delay between the big screen and release on DVD. (additional bummer on waiting for rental: James McAvoy + big screen - Narnia costume = HOT!)

2 comments:
i'm pretty sad i missed jon stewart as host. it's pretty much the perfect year for him (the election and all). we've seen a little recap on news and stuff. what was the juno lady wearing? k busted out, "she looks like fred flintstone!" thanks for the second-hand knowledge. i knew you'd do good research. -- j
i think i may have found my dream house in jefferson. but, it's on main street. hmmm... -- j
Post a Comment