I watched Death at a Funeral and The Kite Runner earlier this week.
I thought it was entertaining (Four Weddings and a Funeral-type British humor), and while I probably won't buy it, I did laugh really, really hard in a few scenes. Alan Tudyk is always funny, and Matthew MacFadyen is always yummy!
and...it was directed by Frank Oz. Muppet Show/Dark Crystal Frank Oz! who knew he was still alive?
Kite Runner is based on a great novel. Most of the tale is set in Afghanistan and Pakistan, which automatically created a visually stunning backdrop for the story. They perfectly cast a few of the main characters (the little boy Hassan looked EXACTLY as I imagined!) and Shaun Toub (Ironman, Crash) was an excellent choice for Rahim Khan. Still, the impact of the movie was not as strong as the novel... therefore I recommend sitting down with the book first.
3 comments:
I thought the same of Kite Runner....but it's pretty hard to beat a book. I enjoyed it...and cried.
loved the last post. seriously, extended family can be such a weird relationship. haven't seen kite runner yet, but death at a funeral was funny. -- j
And... Frank "Yoda" Oz!
Post a Comment