so, after the craziness of Easter weekend, I refused to go to work today. hell, I barely got up off the couch. I'm making my way thru a Divx disc Kurtis gave me; so far I have watched Atonement, August Rush, Dan in Real Life, and Enchanted (yes, I am watching them in alphabetical order)...
August Rush is sappy and some (ok, ALOT) of the time is just super twee. however, the soundtrack by Mark Mancina is fantastic and interesting, and the actors do deliver some charming moments. (although, admittedly, I might have been influenced by my HUGE crush on Jonathan Rhys Meyers - I even watched the entire movie 'Velvet Goldmine' because of it)
Dan in Real Life isn't the funniest movie Steve Carell has been in, but it was a good solid performance by him. I think in the realm of romantic comedies about screwball families, The Family Stone is a much more solid movie all-around, but still...I'd watch it again. and I'd probably enjoy it too!
Enchanted is Disney-rific! James Marsden is particularly preening and funny, and the main female character (no idea what her name is) was just way too perfectly cast as a Disney princess. Patrick Dempsey's charms are pretty much lost on me (nope, I don't watch Gray's Anatomy), and I expected to end the movie wanting to slap the face off of him. but he was ok. however: the chipmunk? I want whoever came up with and executed that 'character' to be...executed.
anyway...a good lazy movie day. my favorite!
p.s. - happy birthday Casey and Heather!
3.24.2008
my day off...
Posted by Katie at 7:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks Katie! Sounds like a perfect Monday to me...although looks like so far you've only gotten to 'E' in the alphabet...lots more movies to go...you could watch Forest Gump and get rid of 'F' and 'G' in one swoop...or is that cheating?
I've been semi-interested in seeing that enchanted movie...so if it wins Katie's stamp of decency...I'll probably love it. :)
Glad you took the day off...its a good day to do it.
i'm so proud of you! you really need rest. why didn't i leave my warm clothes with you when i left on sunday? wicked dumb. sorry. -- j
I have no damn clue how you could watch one of the biggest turds hollywood shat out in August Rush. I had to shut it off once they got to the abandoned warehouse that was the makeshift music school. What a piece of crap... KGD's overly harsh judgment of August Rush is not complete, but it is done for today.
KGD, happy cussing Friday, dude! :)
(lucky for you, by turning it off when you did, you DID miss the "bonding" scene between the kid and Robin Williams' character, which was probably supposed to be heartwarming but was definitely the most awkward moment in a movie. EVER. gave me shivers.)
Post a Comment