CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

1.31.2008

the way i am


heard that song by ingrid michaelson, 'the way I am'? (it's the old navy sweater ad song, for those of you who love commercials like I do...)

anyways, I was listening to it earlier today. (on the radio, give me a break) so, it's a cutesy song about how much she is offering to give her guy because he's so awesome for loving her the way she is.

one of the ending lines in the song is "and I love you more than I could ever promise", and at first I was all "awwww", but then I realized that despite the nice sentiment, it's not true. Because in the end the limit of your love is exactly what you can promise, and even THAT is more than most of us can give...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

katie...I love commercials too.

Love heather

Anonymous said...

Deep Katie, Deep.

peteandjenn said...

Chris Farley: Uh, remember when you were in The Beatles? And you did that album Abbey Road, and at the very end it goes, "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"? Do you remember that?

Paul McCartney: Yes.

Chris Farley: Is that true?

Paul McCartney: Yes, Chris. In my experience, it is. I find the more you give, the more you get.

Chris Farley: Awesome!!!

-P

The Drakes said...

pessimism. nice. -- j

the word verification i have to type in is TWENA - that's a funny word.

Samantha said...

you make me think too hard