...the title of this post translates loosely to "Katie is a nerd". no, not really. it's a famous line from my favorite Sci-Fi classic, 'The Day the Earth Stood Still', which they are releasing a remake of at Christmas!
Excellent!
except... I have this creeping fear that they might really, really screw it up. (and normally, the casting of Keanu would have made the decision for me. except that he actually IS the perfect choice for the role. robotic and impassive...just like the mouthpiece of an alien race should be!)
But. Just in case the 2008 remake sucks...you should check out the original 1951 version.
7.09.2008
Klaatu barada nikto
Posted by Katie at 4:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You love movies....you should probably start writing movie reviews or something!!!
i kinda want to see this one - i'm surprised to be saying that. i like your review of the happening. we started watching the other day (illegally) but haven't finished yet. i love, love, love mark wahlberg, but agree about the casting in this one. -- j
I'm a Keanu fan/defender + I'm a nerd (so obviously) I'm = excited ^ 2.
Ruby...I DO love movies! why do you think I started blogging? it's like how people love their kids so they start a blog so people can see pictures and read about how much they weigh...
http://www.dtessmovie.com/
I just watched the preview again. I'm pretty sure it's going to be AWESOME!
and Ryan, I'm glad you're a Keanu defender. I don't think he's right for every role (who is?), but he couldn't be more perfect for this one...
Good point Katie - I think I've just been pleased with his choices recently (Matrix, Constantine, A Scanner Darkly). That being said, Speed's definitely a (guilty?) pleasure of mine. I still wish he had been cast as Dr. Manhattan in the upcoming Watchmen movie though.
Speaking of Watchmen, word on the street is the trailer for it will air before Dark Knight! As if I wasn't excited enough for Dark Knight (I'll be curious to see how similar DK is to Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns too)...
Post a Comment