CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

7.18.2008

the bat man


extraordinary. powerful. audacious. compelling. dark. mesmerizing. complex. awesome...

The Dark Knight transcends the superhero genre entirely and gives us a gritty crime drama... that also happens to have plenty of amazing action sequences!

Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker is worthy of all the buzz, and then some. He's manaical and hypnotic.

Christopher Nolan really does give us another GREAT Batman movie, but this time around it's less stylized, less introspective. It's not about Bruce Wayne's backstory/character development anymore. And not necessarily because we've been told everything already, but because of the irony at the heart of the Batman mythos - that neither Bruce or Batman can be the savior Gotham needs. Bruce Wayne is separated by his fellow Gotham-ite only by better funding, more training, and a grim determination for Batman to do whatever it takes, to be whatever he needs to be, to point them all towards a hope beyond Batman.


p.s. - the Corvallis 9th st theater sound was REALLY messed up, so 'impossible to hear' was also another descriptive word for the experience. I only heard about 2/3 of the dialogue...! I require another viewing, and I definitely won't be going back there...

3 comments:

Jim, Brea, Annabelle and Evelyn said...

We're going tonight. I absolutely can't wait!!

The Drakes said...

I cannot wait to see this flick. its gotta be better than hancock ;) I will get to take the crazies to it next week Im sure. See you Sunday!!

Anonymous said...

weird!! our theater was fine!!! you shoulda come over to ours! dang!!

lets got see it at IMAX! :)