Insomnia is a symptom of a sleeping disorder characterized by persistent difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep despite the opportunity. It is typically followed by functional impairment while awake...
See, for me, falling asleep is not the problem. I can fall asleep in less than 5 minutes with the lights on and the TV on ...it's STAYING asleep from the hours of 1:30-5am that seems to be the trouble. It could be the weather changes (I seem to remember having this problem last fall.) Then again, it could just be that fall is wicked-busy and I'm stressed.
oh, but when I do fall fitfully asleep during that time window, I have amazing (but not at all restful) dreams. last night, I was at a Winterhawks hockey game with Mitch, in seats right up against the glass, cheering on the violence (my favorite part of hockey: when they throw the gloves off, pull the other guy's shirt over the head, and PUNCH!! it's awesome.).
either way...Tylenol PM and sleeping pill addictions: here I come!
1 comments:
I actually remember you going through crazy insomnia phase when we worked together! And it was like the same time frame!
Post a Comment