so...on the one hand On the Waterfront and Raging Bull won my 'famous and critically acclaimed movies I've never seen' poll. I'll rent them soon (along with Lawrence of Arabia, per Richard's suggestion), and I'm sure they'll be awesome.
however...I really just want to see a chick flick.
(don't worry, I won't review this one...I'm pretty sure it will be fluffy and worthless!)

4 comments:
katie it is not fluffy and worthless...it will have you laughing one minute, crying the next...i loved it.
terms of endearment is one serious chick flick. crying is cleansing. -- j
'Orence has rules, forget them not:
- No liquid sustenance for the duration of the film (though exceptions may be prearranged for during the credit sequences - opening and closing - and perhaps the intermission, but only for those with liquid-related health concerns i.e. for people who are pregnant or may become pregnant).
- It is not a drinking game. It is a no-drinking game, operating under similar auspices. This means when someone decides something is happening or said too often in the film, new and arbitrary rules and obligations can be enacted, within limitations of nearly universal veto.
- Thermostat is set initially to whatever the highest setting happens to be.
- Every package of saltine crackers consumed by the viewers (individually or cooperatively) lowers said thermostat by a single degree.
- A clear glass pitcher of water with ice and glasses will be set in a highly visible locale for the fostering of salivation.
- A tiny drip will be allowed to continue from a nearby sink throughout the duration of the film. Drip. Drip.
- Two Words: Towel Turbans.
Prepare for a descent into ... insanity!
I'll have to substitute corn chips for saltines, but...game on!
Post a Comment