CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

4.30.2008

Drama is life with the dull bits cut out.

apparently I post about movies way too much. But I like movies. Plus, really, it's all I've got. I am embarrassingly uneducated about political issues. No one wants to hear me bitch about my job (not even me!). I am ever-unsuccessful in my attempts to run more than 3 miles in a week, and therefore I cannot triumphantly post about that. I never remember to take pictures of ... anything. I don't go snow camping or have a baby tell nap stories about...and I'm not campaigning mercilessly for a scooter to the chagrin of my spouse. although maybe I should...


anyways...here goes the movie freakout TM Katie. It cannot be helped. I tried all last week to post on...not movies. and thus...did not post. drumroll please...





According to AP, Guillermo del Toro* and Ian McKellen have reached a verbal agreement that he (Ian) will reprise his role as Gandalf in 'The Hobbit'!

I love Gandalf! (he'd kick both Dumbledore and Merlin's asses!) and Ian McKellen plays Gandalf like nobody's business!



* random aside since I mentioned Guillermo del Toro in the above post: have you seen Pan's Labrynth yet? you know, the creepy-looking subtitled 2006 foreign film? it's usually super-cheap at Hollywood video...like $5 or something ridiculous. I really should just dedicate a separate post to the awesomeness of that movie. Mitch made me watch it actually, I thought it looked like all my worst nightmares. And it was definitely dream-like...you know those dreams that are kind of creepy and you can't decide if it's a nightmare yet or not, and then it suddenly becomes awesome! yep, it's like that. only infinitely better because you can buy it and own it and re-experience the awesomeness whenever you want! also, the soundtrack is amazing, and finally: it's violent enough that guys are like "dude, that's frickin' sweet", and the little girl's so cute that girls are like "ohhhh, she's sweet", and it's totally redemptive and beautiful at the end so everyone's like "Katie was right, this movie was SWEEEET!"

4 comments:

The Drakes said...

ok, i might have to watch that movie, finally. k has been trying to get me to watch for a while. it's not gonna mess with my mind too much is it? cause i don't like that. my mind is messy enough as it is. -- j

Jim, Brea, Annabelle and Evelyn said...

I personally love your posts, and your taste in movies!!

Breanne

Katie said...

aw, thanks for the support, guys!

j, despite it's awesomeness, I don't know if you'll like 'Pan's Labrynth'. I mean, I think you should watch it anyways, but it IS fairly dark at points...

The Hurts said...

katie, i come expecting movies! never stop. also, pan's is one of my favorite movies ever!